Want to brush up on your civics education? Join Women4Change Indiana's Restructuring + Activism Task Forceas we attend Constitution 101. This six-week course occurs at 6:30 PM-8:30 PM every Tuesday from September 12 through October 17 and will be led by Robert Leming, national director of We the People.
Attendees will receive a copy of We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution textbook, a course binder and an American Legacy Pocket Constitution booklet.
- Week 1 (Sept. 12): What Are the Philosophical and Historical Foundations of the American Political System?
- Week 2 (Sept. 19): How Did the Framers Create the Constitution?
- Week 3 (Sept. 26): How Has the Constitution Been Changed to Further the Ideals Contained in the Declaration of Independence?
- Week 4 (Oct. 3): How Have the Values and Principles Embodied in the Constitution Shaped American Institutions and Practices?
- Week 5 (Oct. 10): What Rights Does the Bill of Rights Protect?
- Week 6 (Oct. 17): What Challenges Might Face American Constitutional Democracy in the Twenty-first Century?
We want to make this program accessible to all. Please contact Reba Wooden, email@example.com, if you need help paying for this class. We are also accepting donations to help provide scholarships to more attendees. Funds left after expenses are paid will be contributed to We The People.