The Central Indiana Alliance Against Hate, a project of the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana (FHCCI), is pleased to announce the inaugural Indiana Response to Hate Conference. With increasing incidents of hate based crimes and incidents, it is important to bring people together committed to combating and addressing hate through this first of its kind training opportunity.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FEATURED SPEAKERS
Judy Shepard, Anti-Hate Crimes Activist and Mother of Matthew Shepard, will be the luncheon keynote speaker. However, Ms. Shepard is not alone in speaking at the conference. There will be a full agenda of phenomenal speakers including:
- Miriam Zeidman of the Anti-Defamation League
- Jeannine Bell, Author and Richard S. Melvin Professor of Law at Indiana University
- Lydia X. Z. Brown, Disability Rights Advocate
- Hilary Shelton of the NAACP-Washington DC Bureau
- Pardeep Kaleka of Serve 2 Unite
- David Sklar of the Jewish Community Relations Council
- Rima Khan Shahid of the Muslim Alliance of Indiana
- Amber O'Haver of the Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC)
- Kerry Steiner of the Indiana Native American/Indian Affairs Commission
- And others that are currently pending!
Please note that the schedule and speakers are subject to change.
The registration cost for this all-day event is only $40/person if registered on or by July 16, 2017. After this date, the cost will be $55/person. This registration fee assists with the costs of the speaker related costs, audio/visual needs, continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage. Due to hotel meal count requirements, we are unable to provide refunds after July 31, 2017.
Registration is required. Space is limited.